REGISTRATION CLOSES June 1stJoin us for the 2nd Annual Music Parent Booster Seminar at Bethel College on June 7-8, 2015.
Presented in Cooperation by:
Hear from a Past Participant
You’ll learn from renowned speakers, enjoy exhilarating musical performances and make valuable contacts with fellow music parents from across the country.
- Noon – 2pm – Registration
- 2pm – Opening Session with Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser
- 3:15pm – Communicating and Understanding the Vision for the Program – Parent, Administrator, Director
- 4:15pm – Rally the Troops! – Recruiting parents and getting the right people on the bus
- 5:15pm – Visit the Exhibits
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:15pm – Telling the Story, Advocating for Your Program
- 8:30pm – Concert – Moanin’ Frogs
- 9:30pm – Meet and Greet with presenters and fellow parents
- 6:30am – Breakfast
- 7:15am – Budget and Finance
- 8:15am – Large scale strategic fundraising
- 9:30am – Travel (Bus) to Bach Factory Tour
- 11:15am – Lunch – Music Program Management Software session
- 12:15pm – Return to Campus
- 1:15pm – Breakout session choice: Technology Within Your Booster Program; Websites, Social Media, email communication -or- Organizing the Organization
- 2:30pm – Roundtable rotation – 3 sessions, 25 minutes each
- Conflict Resolution
- Understanding liability of the parent organization and the law
- Strategic Event Planning
- 4:00pm – Closing Session
- Schedule from CSI brochure 2015
Look at all of the locations that are within a five and half hour drive!
Schedule for the event will include:
A nationally-respected lineup of speakers will include:
- Lane Velayo, Executive Director, Indiana Music Educators Association
- David Vandewalker, Author of Boosters to the Rescue and Strategic Plans for a Successful Booster Club
- Scott McCormick – Founder & President of AMP
- Richard Saucedo, Ret. Director of Bands, Carmel High School
- Steve Hope, Principal, Penn High School, IN
- Beth Potter, Co-President, Lafayette High School Band Parents Association, KY
- Tim Dawson, President, Carmel High School Band Boosters, IN
- Barry Morgan, Cobb County Solicitor General (GA), Former Band Director and Band Booster President
- Marc Whitt, Past President, Madison Central High School Band Boosters, KY
- Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser, Vice President of Education, Conn-Selmer
Featured Performance Sunday Evening:
The Moanin’ Frogs are a cutting edge saxophone sextet, and quartet, championing new works and illuminating great music in between. Passionate for the saxophone’s rich history, the frogs actively perform in many styles, ranging from jazz, classical, pop, and contemporary music. Check out this link to one of their performances:http://youtu.be/gz29ikf3k84
Who should attend
Any parent of a school-aged music maker: Band, Orchestra or Choir. From committee members and team leaders all the way to officers of well-organized booster organizations, this conference is designed for you!
Why not consider bringing your executive board or leadership team? This is a perfect opportunity to train your newly elected booster board members!
What you’ll learn
Parents, you will have the best resources at hand to better understand the role music and the arts play in your child’s future. You will network with other parents/organizations, receive and share best practices and leave empowered to make a difference in your community and program, not to mention a wealth of real life, actionable items you can use in your programs and communities the day you get back.
“I felt we all benefitted from our sessions, and the room came alive with conversations and networking during our breaks. Every one of us came away with great ideas from each other. Having our own booster group network helps us all better support our music educators, and helps us be stronger music advocates in our communities.”
- $95* per person.
- Late registration after May 1st is $125.
- Registration fee includes the conference as well as dinner Sunday evening and Breakfast and Lunch on Monday.
- Discounted Hotel Rooms available for Sunday evening at the Hampton Inn and Suites Mishawaka/South Bend at Heritage Square. Special Rate $85/nt. Deadline for housing reservations at this rate is May 8. Please call the hotel at 574-243-4600, and mention you are booking within the Conn-Selmer block.
*Groups of 5 of more from one school/booster organization will receive a one-year of Group Membership to AMP included with their paid registration to the conference. (A $290 value)