Helpful tips for your practice session:
- Warm up carefully. Warm your embouchure (lip & mouth position) and instrument for good tone production.
- Select a time of day that is free from interruptions and use this time each day.
- Choose a place to practice that is free from distractions
- Set a goal for the session: a scale; an excercise; specific sections of a piece; or even a measure that is giving you trouble. Work on it slowly, then build up to speed gradually. Before leaving put it together with the rest of the line.
- Repetition of a problem area reinforces muscle memory.
- Use a metronome.