Date(s) - Sunday, June 7, 2015 - Monday, June 8, 2015
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
REGISTRATION CLOSES SOON
REGISTER 2 OR MORE FROM YOUR PROGRAM PRIOR TO THIS SATURDAY, MAY 23, AND RECEIVE A $25 REBATE FOR EACH FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM!
Join us for the 2nd Annual Music Parent Booster Seminar at Bethel College on June 7-8, 2015.
Presented in Cooperation by:
You’ll learn from renowned speakers, enjoy exhilarating musical performances and make valuable contacts with fellow music parents from across the country.
Schedule for the event will include:
- Noon – 2pm – Registration
- 2pm – Opening Session with Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser
- 3:15pm – Communicating and Understanding the Vision for the Program – Parent, Administrator, Director
- 4:15pm – Rally the Troops! – Recruiting parents and getting the right people on the bus
- 5:15pm – Visit the Exhibits
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:15pm – Telling the Story, Advocating for Your Program
- 8:30pm – Concert – Moanin’ Frogs
- 9:30pm – Meet and Greet with presenters and fellow parents
- 6:30am – Breakfast
- 7:15am – Budget and Finance
- 8:15am – Large scale strategic fundraising
- 9:30am – Travel (Bus) to Bach Factory Tour
- 11:15am – Lunch – Music Program Management Software session
- 12:15pm – Return to Campus
- 1:15pm – Breakout session choice: Technology Within Your Booster Program; Websites, Social Media, email communication -or- Organizing the Organization
- 2:30pm – Roundtable rotation – 3 sessions, 25 minutes each
- Conflict Resolution
- Understanding liability of the parent organization and the law
- Strategic Event Planning
- 4:00pm – Closing Session
A nationally-respected lineup of speakers will include:
- Lane Velayo, Executive Director, Indiana Music Educators Association
- David Vandewalker, Author of Boosters to the Rescue and Strategic Plans for a Successful Booster Club
- Scott McCormick – Founder & President of AMP
- Richard Saucedo, Ret. Director of Bands, Carmel High School
- Steve Hope, Principal, Penn High School, IN
- Beth Potter, Co-President, Lafayette High School Band Parents Association, KY
- Tim Dawson, President, Carmel High School Band Boosters, IN
- Barry Morgan, Cobb County Solicitor General (GA), Former Band Director and Band Booster President
- Marc Whitt, Past President, Madison Central High School Band Boosters, KY
- Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser, Vice President of Education, Conn-Selmer
Who should attend
Any parent of a school-aged music maker: Band, Orchestra or Choir. From committee members and team leaders all the way to officers of well-organized booster organizations, this conference is designed for you!
Why not consider bringing your executive board or leadership team?
What you’ll learn
Parents, you will have the best resources at hand to better understand the role music and the arts play in your child’s future. You will network with other parents/organizations, receive and share best practices and leave empowered to make a difference in your community and program, not to mention a wealth of real life, actionable items you can use in your programs and communities the day you get back.
“I felt we all benefitted from our sessions, and the room came alive with conversations and networking during our breaks. Every one of us came away with great ideas from each other. Having our own booster group network helps us all better support our music educators, and helps us be stronger music advocates in our communities.”
- $95 per person.
- Late registration after May 1st is $125.
- Registration fee includes the conference as well as dinner Sunday evening and Breakfast and Lunch on Monday.
- Discounted Hotel Rooms available for Sunday evening at the Hampton Inn and Suites Mishawaka/South Bend at Heritage Square. Special Rate $85/nt. Deadline for housing reservations at this rate is May 8. Please call the hotel at 574-243-4600, and mention you are booking within the Conn-Selmer block.
*Groups of 5 of more from one school/booster organization will receive a one-year of Group Membership to AMP included with their paid registration to the conference. (A $290 value)
Bookings are closed for this event.