The Association of Music is pleased to announce the First Annual National Solo Festival Powered by SmartMusic.
Student musicians will perform solos "virtually", utilizing the SmartMusic platform, for exceptional musicians and renowned music educators, receiving written feedback following the submission of their performance. Adjudication is available for all woodwind, brass and string instruments as well as voice.
Unlike most other solo contests, this national festival is open to all public, private or home school students. And as long as the student's parents are members of AMP, there are no additional fees for participation.
- Application submission opens on January 15, 2013.
- Solo Submissions will occur online from January 28-March 15th.
- Entry Fee is $12 per solo. A student may enter as many solos on any instrument or voice part they choose. All entries must be submitted utilizing SmartMusic. Each person submitting will need to have a SmartMusic account.
- Entry Fee includes 1-year membership to AMP for the Parent of student entering festival.
- Student's whose parents are members of AMP have NO Entry Fee for participation. (Applies to only the first solo entry per student)
AMP's First Annual SmartMusic Solo Festival opens for submissions beginning on Monday, January 28th, 2013 with final solo submissions due no later than Friday, March 15th, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
Two Divisions of Festival
- Junior Division for students through 8th Grade
- Senior Division for students from 9th through 12th Grade
Categories for Adjudication
- Clarinets (All)
- Saxophones (All)
- Double Reeds (All)
- Trumpet French Horn
- Baritone (Euphonium)
- String Bass
- Voice (One category for year one)
Students may perform any solo literature available on SmartMusic.
Awards for Participation
Each student will receive a personalized certificate for participation.
National Finalist will share in prizes valued at $7500.00
The National Finals
- Students who perform repertoire from the Texas Prescribed Music List in Level 1 (or individual state equivalent) are eligible to advance to The National Finals level of the competition.
- The three top scores from each Category in Round 1 of evaluations, in both the Junior and Senior Division, will advance to The National Finals round.
- The 84 National Finalist will be announced in a Live Webinar on Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- National Finalist will then work on submission of a Video and online audio submission of their Solo for judging that will occur via a popular vote contest conducted online. Video Submissions will be due by April 10, 2013.
- Online voting will open on Friday, April 12 at 9:00am EST and remain open through Sunday April 28th at 11:59am EST.
- National Finalist Awards will be announced online Monday, April 29th.
Awards National Finals
- The National Finals will award prizes for the Top Vote Getters from Each Division (Junior and Senior) in Four Categories: Woodwind, Brass, String, Vocal.
- Awards issued for top Brass and top WW vote getter in each division.
- Each finalist gets 1 year subscription to Smart Music
- Etyplugs 1 pr.
- Top 5 vote getters in each division
- Featured story on AMP Website & Potentially Smart Music as well
- 5th Place $25 Gift Card Apple Gift Card
- 4th Place $50 Gift Card to local music store
- 3rd Place $100 Gift Card to local music store
- 2nd Place New Vandoren or Denis Wick Mouthpiece or Mute. And Finale Student Software
- 1st Place $500 Gift Card to local music store. Plus a prize package of reeds, mouthpiece or mute, and Finale Student Software.